1. Survey of Local Comprehensive Plans and Land Use Codes, and their Implications for the Location of Renewable Energy Production Facilities and New Energy Infrastructure.
- Coordinator: Jim Rosi and J.B. Ruhl, College of Law
2. Promoting Energy Sustainability through Land Use, Transportation, and Green Infrastructure.
- Coordinator: Chapin, Urban Planning
3. Marketing Strategies to Incentivize Entrepreneurship and Innovation in the Development of Sustainable and Environmentally Friendly Goods and Services.
- Coordinator: Joe Cronin, Marketing
4. Survey of Energy Sustainable Practices in Florida Communities and their Diffusion Networks.
- Coordinator: Richard Feiock, Public Administration
5. Political and Economic Institutions Regarding Siting of Energy Facilities: “Hold-out” and “NIMBY” Problems.
- Coordinator: Mark Isaac, Economics
6. Reducing Residential Carbon Emission in Florida: Optional Scenarios Based on Energy Consumption, Transportation, and Land Use.
- Coordinator: Tingting Zhao, Geography
7. An Experimental Investigation of Economic Incentives of Policies, Institutions and R&D in Environmental Conservation, Sustainability and Renewable Energy
- Coordinator: Svetlana Pevnitskaya, Economics
Outreach and Service Research
1.Energy and Efficiency Video Public Service Announcements
- Coordinator: Andy Opel, Department of Communications
2. Development of a Renewable Energy Research Web Portal
- Coordinator: Charles McClure, Information Use Management and Policy Institute
3. Academic Symposia for Research Projects
- Coordinators: Richard Feiock, Keith Ihlanfeldt, Tim Chapin, Jim Rossi, and J.B. Ruhl
4. Reports for Distribution to Legislature and/or Local Government
- Student Involvement in the Research Projects
- Faculty and Doctoral Student Exchange with Philippines
- Law Seminar on Land Use and Renewable Energy Production
- Askew School/Urban Planning Seminar on Local Sustainable Energy Development in Florida and Korea
- Economics Course on Energy Facility Siting Decisions